SAF Withdrawal and Refund
Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) refund policy
Channel-wise deadline for the withdrawal of the Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) is as follows:
|Withdrawal deadline||22:00 hours on 20-11-2020||22:00 hours on 20-11-2020||22:00 hours on 20-11-2020|
- If the candidate withdraws his/her claim to a seat any time before the channel-wise withdrawal deadline (as above), no cancellation fee will be applicable.
- How to withdraw your seat/offer: The candidate can withdraw his/her seat/offer by pressing the button “WITHDRAW OFFER” available on the counselling portal using their login credentials.
- IISERs and JAC are not liable for losses incurred if your application is not withdrawn in the above manner and on or before the above mentioned date and time.
- Withdrawal is possible ONLY online through the counselling portal until the channel-wise withdrawal deadline. No other form/method of withdrawal is accepted.
- Once the candidate has withdrawn the offer through the counselling portal, the amount due will be returned to the credit card, debit card or the bank account, which was used to pay the SAF. Such candidates do not have to take any additional steps towards their SAF refund. Refund process will start only after three weeks of completion of the admission process.
- For withdrawals not exercised by the candidate on the counselling portal on or the channel-wise withdrawal deadline, separate instructions are available on this page.
- A cancellation fee of Rs. 10000/- (Non refundable paid with SAF) is applicable if the candidate fails to join at the offered IISER on the joining date mentioned in the offer letter of the respective IISER. Further, candidates who have paid SAF but fail to show up by the last date of admission fee payment at the concerned IISER will not be considered for further rounds of admission. Also, such candidates will be debarred from admission to IISERs (for BS-MS and/or BS programmes) in the future.
- If the candidate decides to discontinue after joining any particular IISER, the refund policy of that IISER will be applicable.
Procedure for the refund of the Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) is outlined below. The refund process will commence on November 21, 2020.
- Candidates, who have withdrawn their applications via the counselling portal before the channel-wise withdrawal deadline, do not have to take any additional steps. They will get their refunds after deduction of banking charges if any from SAF of Rs. 35,000/Rs. 22,500 from the fourth week of November.
- All other candidates, who have not joined any of the IISERs and would like to get a refund of their (SAF), must send an email ONLY to email@example.com between December 7, 2020 and December 20, 2020. Correspondence by any other means will not be entertained.
- Any email sent before December 7, 2020 will not be considered.
- Any email sent after December 20, 2020 will not be considered.
- Candidates who have contacted us at the above email address within the given time frame will get a refund after deduction of (Rs. 10,000 Non refundable paid with SAF + banking charges if any).
The email should have the following details:
IISER Application Number
Name (as entered in the Application Form)
Mobile number (as entered in Application Form)
Email ID (as entered in the Application Form)
Channel of admission (KVPY/JEE/SCB)
Date of Birth (DD/MM/YY)
First allotted IISER (from the admission form which is attached with the offer letter)
*No refund is possible in the absence of any of the above information. Please use the email template given below.
To: JAC 2020 Chairperson,
Please refund my SAF payment made during 2020 IISER admission process. Details of my application are mentioned below:
IISER Application Number:
Name (as entered in the Application Form):
Mobile number (as entered in Application Form):
Email ID (as entered in Application Form):
Channel of admission (KVPY/JEE/SCB):
Date of Birth (DD/MM/YY):
First allotted IISER: