Rules and procedures
- Foreign students will be admitted only through JEE channel
- Foreign students means candidates who are NOT citizens of India by birth or naturalized and do not belong to PIO/OCI category, and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under PIO/OCI category at the time of applying
- They should be within 10,000 of the common rank list
- This will be supernumerary quota up to 15% (for all IISERs together)
- No (category) reservation rules will be applicable.
- They need to send their applications either as hard copy to the address mentioned at point 8 or as the scans sent by email to email@example.com within time limit specified for JEE channel given on the admission website (www.iiseradmission.in)
- No applications will be accepted after this date
- Address: Chairman Joint Admission Committee (JAC) 2019, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal, Bhopal Bypass Road, Bhauri, Bhopal 462 066, Madhya Pradesh (INDIA)
- Along with the application, application fee of 100 USD (non-refundable) should be paid by bank transfer. Please send a request to Chairman JAC 2019 for bank details.
Application document includes the following
- Application form
- Proof of the payment of application fee
- Proof of nationality.
- Birth certificate for age proof
- Class XII mark sheet/certificate for 75% cut‐off
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents
Eligible candidates will be sent an offer letter. On the basis of the offer letter of admission, applicants should contact Indian Embassy/High Commission in their respective countries for obtaining Student Visa for study at IISERs. Any Foreign National candidate having visa of any other type will be refused admission in IISER
Fees prescribed are the same as for IIT courses. Fees are payable at the time of Registration, failing which, they will not be registered for the BS-MS programme
For details of fees, please see https://www.iitm.ac.in/sites/default/files/uploads/adm._pro._for_foreign_nationals.pdf
ALL the correspondence regarding the admission under this category should be addressed to
Chairman JAC 2019
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal
Bhopal Bypass Road, Bhauri, Bhopal 462 066, Madhya Pradesh (INDIA)
firstname.lastname@example.org phone +91 755 269 2500
In case of any problem or difference of opinion or interpretation, the decision of the JAC chairman will be final.