Rules and procedures
- Foreign candidates mean candidates who are NOT citizens of India by birth or naturalized and do not belong to PIO/OCI category, and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under PIO/OCI category at the time of applying.
- Foreign candidates can apply only through the JEE-Advanced channel.
- This will be supernumerary quota up to 15% (for all IISERs together).
- No (category) reservation rules will be applicable.
- They should be within 10,000 of the common rank list of JEE-Advanced.
- Application of a foreign candidate through any channel other than JEE-Advanced will be rejected
- They should have scored 75% or more marks in their Class 10+2 or equivalent programme. For a methodology to calculate the cut-off score, please visit here.
- They need to apply only through the online application portal within the time limit specified for JEE-Advanced channel given on the admission website (www.iiseradmission.in)
– Eligible candidates will be sent an offer letter. On the basis of the offer letter of admission, applicants should contact the Indian Embassy/High Commission in their respective countries for obtaining Student Visa for study at IISERs. Any Foreign National candidate having the visa of any other type will be refused admission in IISER.
– Fees prescribed are the same as for IIT courses. Fees are payable at the time of Registration, failing which, they will not be registered for the programme.
– All the correspondence regarding the admission under this category should be addressed to:
Joint Admissions Committee 2019
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal
Bhopal Bypass Road, Bhauri
Bhopal 462 066 Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email: ask-jac2019 [AT] iiserb.ac.in
Phone: +91 755 269 2500 (10 AM to 1 PM on weekdays)
In case of any problem or difference of opinion or interpretation, the decision of the JAC Chairperson will be final.